Established 22 Jan 1999
Arrowsmith Community Justice Society
"Our Vision is a Community in Harmony"
Contact Information: Office Telephone: 250-954-2968
Address: 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, BC, V9P 1B9
E-Mail: information @acjs.ca; director @acjs.ca; coordinator @acjs.ca
OTE: (remove spaces before @)
What are the benefits of using restorative justice?
Injured Person Benefits
- A safe place to tell the offender how the incident has affected you.
- An opportunity to understand the offender's behaviour.
- An opportunity to participate in the resolution on an offence.
- An increaded possibility of receiving restitution.
- An opportunity to experience a sense of closure regarding the offence.
- For more information....
- An opportunity to become aware of the harm suffered by the victim.
- An opportunity to participate in the resolution of the offence.
- An opportunity to acknowledge responsibility for the harm caused and take action to resolve and repair it.
- An opportunity to avoid a criminal record.
- A speedy way of resolving conflicts
- A cost effective alternative to court process
- Increased potential of offender not reoffending
- Creating a healthier and safer community.
Who is eligible?
- Youth & adults who could be charged with minor offences under the criminal code of Canada
- Those that acknowledge the essential facts of the offence and are willing to accept responsibility
- Those willing to participate in a face-to-face meeting and will comply with the signed resolution agreement.